Association of Valuers, Property Managers, Estate Agents and Property Consultants in the Private Sector Malaysia (PEPS).
Class of Membership
Qualification For Ordinary Membership
- He must be either a qualified Valuer, a qualified Property Manager, a qualified Estate Agent or a qualified Property Consultant or a firm of qualified Valuers, a firm of qualified Property Managers, a firm of qualified Estate Agents or a firm of Qualified Property Consultants.
- PEPS shall, at all times maintain and update a list of qualifications acceptable showing clearly the dates when a qualification was accepted by the Executive Committee. (For a copy of the current list, please contact the Secretariat.)
- A firm, upon being accepted as a member shall nominate one of its partners or shareholders who holds a qualification that qualifies him or her to be a PEPS member to act as a representative for all purposes with regard to membership of PEPS. This representative may be changed from time to time by a proper written notification to the current President of PEPS.
Designation Of Ordinary Membership
- Every member shall be entitled to use after his or her name the initials MPEPS (that is Member of the Persatuan Penilai, Pengurus Harta, Ejen Harta & Perunding Harta Swasta Malaysia).
Code Of Professional Conduct
- Every member shall observe and be guided by the following provisions of the Code of Professional Conduct:
- Every member shall order his conduct so as to uphold the dignity, standing and reputation of the profession;
- Every member shall be remunerated solely by the fees payable by his client under rules of the Board of Valuers, Appraisers & Estate Agents Malaysia;
- Every member shall not, directly or indirectly, attempt to supplant another member nor shall he intervene or attempt to intervene in or in connection with work of any kind which to his knowledge has already been entrusted to another member nor shall he review or take over the work of that of the other member acting for the same client, until he has either obtained the consent of that member or has been formally notified by the client that the appointment of that member has been properly terminated;
- Every member shall declare any possible conflict of interest before he accepts any interest to carry out any professional work;
- Every member shall not maliciously injure or attempt to injure, whether directly or indirectly, the profession, reputation, prospects or business of another member;
- No member shall offer any financial inducement to secure instructions;
- Every member shall in addition adhere to the rules and the Code of Conduct prescribed by the Board of Valuers, Appraisers & Estate Agents Malaysia.
Application For Ordinary Membership
- PEPS welcome applications from Valuers, Property Managers, Estate Agents and Property Consultants in the private sector in Malaysia to join PEPS. Please use the Application Form attached.